Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone apps

do I have to load my credit card info on my iPhone just to download free apps ???

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 2:22 PM

Yes and no,

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

The above info is in this link: If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2018 2:22 PM in response to carolinefromfraser

Yes and no,

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

The above info is in this link: If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

iPhone apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.