Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix the white and black screen on my macintosh LC II

whenever I boot my Macintosh LC II It shows a white screen with a little black line at the bottom going across the monitor

null-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.0.x) or Earlier, Macintosh LC II (MAC OS 7.?)

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 1:41 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2018 7:38 PM in response to Macintosh_guy

The LC II doesn't have the built-in graphics support for even the older multi-scan CRT displays, as well as the newer LCD displays which have an optimal resolution and refresh rate. From Everymac.com: "With the default 256k of VRAM, the LC II can support a single display at 512 x 384 with 8-bit color or 640 x 480 with 4-bit color. Upgraded to 512k of VRAM, it can support 512 x 384 at 16-bit color and 640 x 480 at 8-bit color." The compatible color display for the original LC and LC II was the 12" Apple R-G-B display, which had a fixed resolution. Those displays are as old as the LCs and are getting harder to find. Does your ViewSonic display have a 4:3 aspect ratio or is it a widescreen (16:9)? I always preferred using the Mac-to-VGA adapters having a set of DIP switches to fine-tune the connection. Those without any adjustments were more problematic.

how do i fix the white and black screen on my macintosh LC II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.