Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos freezes when importing

My photos app on my Mack laptop freezes when importing from my I phone 6 plus, I have to force quit and restart evertime. I’ve restarted my computer several times how do I resolve the issue?

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 9:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2018 8:24 AM in response to Misssbehavinn

Good morning Misssbehavinn,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you are having issues importing pictures from your iPhone 6 Plus to your Mac. To clarify, you are not using iCloud Photos, correct? You are manually importing your pictures from your iPhone to your Mac? If so, here are a few things to check:

• Is your iPhone and Mac updated to the latest version of iOS and macOS?
  • Do you have enough space available on your Mac for the photos you are trying to import?
  • How many photos are you trying to import? Perhaps try one album at a time versus importing all to see if you are successful.
  • Try creating a different library in the Photos app and import a dozen or so photos into it to test.
  • Try a different USB cable and a different USB port on your computer.
  • Try a different app, like Image Capture, to see if the issue persists.
Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Import photos from a camera or phone using Photos on Mac

Get help with the Photos app on your Mac

Please give these steps a try and provide any additional information that you can about your specific issue, and I'll do my best to help!

Take care.

Photos freezes when importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.