Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Kik app stopped connecting

Hi. Just recently, my Kik app stopped connecting. I reviewed some older posts and did everything that was recommended but nothing. Never had a problem before and now no connection. Kik support is non-existent so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 7:31 AM

All you said was you did everything recommended but didn't tell us what those things are. My suggestion would be first to force close the app, restart your iPhone, then try again. Also, make sure that you are trying with different connection types (e.g. cellular and wi-fi). If those options don't work then I would uninstall and reinstall the app. Beyond that, you would need to contact the developer and go from there.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 7:31 AM in response to Sm32

All you said was you did everything recommended but didn't tell us what those things are. My suggestion would be first to force close the app, restart your iPhone, then try again. Also, make sure that you are trying with different connection types (e.g. cellular and wi-fi). If those options don't work then I would uninstall and reinstall the app. Beyond that, you would need to contact the developer and go from there.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

my Kik app stopped connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.