Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard restarting

Hi. I just bought a new Snow Leopard disc and i just installed it on my iMac. I updated the software and after that, it says restart the imac but it’s stuck in a spacey background for like an hour. What should I do?

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 5:39 AM

Try booting into Safe mode

<http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1564>

This will not load any 3rd party additions, it will load some more conservative Apple drivers (may cause screen flicker), and it will clear some kernel caches (a cache is saved data in a form that can speed up a program, but is totally redundant to the original source, and thus can be safely cleared). Booting into Safe mode is just an experiment, but can frequently eliminate any 3rd party interference, or a cached item out-of-sync with the world. (Verify Safe mode via Applications -> Utilities -> System Information -> Software -> Boot Mode -> Safe vs Normal)

It is possible some software already had installed is not playing nice with Snow Leopard. Safe mode may allow you to get past that.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 5:39 AM in response to Unicornfetus20

Try booting into Safe mode

<http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1564>

This will not load any 3rd party additions, it will load some more conservative Apple drivers (may cause screen flicker), and it will clear some kernel caches (a cache is saved data in a form that can speed up a program, but is totally redundant to the original source, and thus can be safely cleared). Booting into Safe mode is just an experiment, but can frequently eliminate any 3rd party interference, or a cached item out-of-sync with the world. (Verify Safe mode via Applications -> Utilities -> System Information -> Software -> Boot Mode -> Safe vs Normal)

It is possible some software already had installed is not playing nice with Snow Leopard. Safe mode may allow you to get past that.

Snow Leopard restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.