Looks like no oneā€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 7,2

Can anyone tell me which year Apple used the i7-565 or the i5-525 in the MacBook Air 7,2 ?

I am looking to buy my first MacBook (has to be secondhand due to budget)

I know the Air 7,2 was produced between 2015 and 2017/18

but not which years had which chips.

thanks in advance

null-OTHER, iOS 11.2.5, Airpods

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 3:51 PM

If the price is equal, I would definitely go with one of the MacBook Pro models. While they are a couple generations older, the CPU is at least equal or faster than the MacBook Air, and the all important RAM is 8gB as opposed to 4gB.

The MacTracker site below may help with the various models.

https://mactracker.ca/

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 3:51 PM in response to lordofrivermill

If the price is equal, I would definitely go with one of the MacBook Pro models. While they are a couple generations older, the CPU is at least equal or faster than the MacBook Air, and the all important RAM is 8gB as opposed to 4gB.

The MacTracker site below may help with the various models.

https://mactracker.ca/

Nov 28, 2018 2:56 PM in response to stedman1

Thanks. šŸ‘-1F3FB; Your right, that would help šŸ˜ƒunfortunetly, the site Iā€™m looking at the macā€˜s on only gives the variant, the cpu, ram and storage Though šŸ™„

Iā€™m looking for something light and portable, and will also be covered for osā€˜s as far past Mojave as possible.

are the air 7,2s still good?

I currently have an iPad.

I donā€™t game or edit vids to upload to YouTube,

i email, watch YouTube, And Netflix.

iā€˜m looking for a Mac to be able to drop cds into iTunes and iTunes Match (external cd drive is expected to be needed)

And the fuller web Browser experiance Ofcause ā˜ŗ

if you were looking, and one of these three were within you budget, which would you go for?

Apple Macbook Air 7,2 with i5-5250U 4gab ram and 256gb ssd

Apple MacBook Pro 11,1 with i5-4278U 8gb ram and 128gb ssd

Apple MacBook Pro 11,1 with i5 4308u 8gb ram and 128gb ssd

Nov 28, 2018 3:51 PM in response to lordofrivermill

the prices are about the same. both the 7,2 with the 256 ssd and the pro with the i5 - 4278U are Ā£585

the pro with the i5- 4308U is Ā£580

any idea which year these two proā€™s are from? Would I be right in thinking they would be the late 2013 model? rather than the mid 2014 ones? Or does it work the same with these as it did with the airā€™s?

and are the proā€™s much bigger and heavier than the airā€™s? (Iā€™m such a noob šŸ™„)

MacBook Air 7,2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.