Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam Email Increase

in the last week, spam emails have increased drastically On my IPhone 8. Anyone else & what can be done?

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 11:31 AM

Could it possibly have something to do with the holiday week?

It's not that spam emails have increased on iPhone 8's. Spam emails have increased on every means of receiving emails. The only way to deal with it is at your ISP's webmail site, where you can set filtering that will catch some spam. Or switch to an email account with better spam protection. AOL, Yahoo, gmail, Microsoft and many others all have excellent spam filtering. Although in my experience gmail is head and shoulders above all of them. I get practically no spam in my inbox (perhaps 1 or 2 a week), and very few false positives in my spam folder. Yet my spam folder currently has 384 messages that were successfully blocked over the past month.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 11:31 AM in response to Rhondella5709

Could it possibly have something to do with the holiday week?

It's not that spam emails have increased on iPhone 8's. Spam emails have increased on every means of receiving emails. The only way to deal with it is at your ISP's webmail site, where you can set filtering that will catch some spam. Or switch to an email account with better spam protection. AOL, Yahoo, gmail, Microsoft and many others all have excellent spam filtering. Although in my experience gmail is head and shoulders above all of them. I get practically no spam in my inbox (perhaps 1 or 2 a week), and very few false positives in my spam folder. Yet my spam folder currently has 384 messages that were successfully blocked over the past month.

Spam Email Increase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.