Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Screen Size of the 11" iPad Pro in Landscape Mode ?

I am curious to find the screen size of the 11" iPad Pro in Landscape mode, from the inside border of the bezel from where the display starts till where it ends on the inside part of the bezel in landscape mode. I used the measure app in iOS 12 to measure the screen size of the 11" iPP and it come out to 16 CMS can anyone measure the 2017 10.5" iPad Pro in Landscape mode ? Didn't have an access to the 10.5" so could not measure it. Can anybody do it ?

iPad, iOS 9.3

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 2:34 AM

20 replies

Nov 29, 2018 11:00 PM in response to ShagCA

post.user_wrote.label:

11 inch is 11 inch (diagonal measurement). It doesn't matter what orientation it is in. Use a physical tape measure. Stretch it diagonally from one corner to the other. You should get 11" (or somewhat close to 11").

I know it is 11" I am not asking that. I am saying when I hold the 10.5" iPad Pro and the 11" iPad Pro what is the Visible Screen Display in Landscape Mode in height (Not Including the Bezels) Just the Visible Part of the screen where the image and picture appears that part. How much is it for both the devices. Like this...check this Picture !User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Nov 29, 2018 11:46 PM in response to MichelPM

post.user_wrote.label:

Pixel dimensions of the 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro

2224-by-1668 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

Pixel dimensions of the 11 inch screen iPad Pro.

2388-by-1668-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

The heights of the screens are the same in both models, minus the rounded corners of the 11 inch screen iPad Pro.

The 11 inch screen iPad is wider in landscape mode

Ok, Thanks for finding the Info, but again when you say wide in Landscape Mode, I think you are saying this, right ?

User uploaded file

I am not saying this but I am talking about the height in Landscape Mode ?

Nov 29, 2018 10:56 PM in response to MichelPM

post.user_wrote.label:

The diagonal screen measurement of the new iPad Pro should be 11 inches in landscape orientation.

Wow ! What a Brilliant Answer, That is one of the dumbest answer I have ever come across ! As if this is the Information nobody knows. I am saying I wanna know the Visible Screen Display of the 11" iPad Pro when held in Landscape Orientation. As I fear the 11" iPad Pro in Landscape in height wise is shorter than the 2017 10.5" iPad Pro in Landscape Mode Vertically !!

Nov 29, 2018 11:32 PM in response to augustya

Pixel dimensions of the 10.5 inch screen iPad Pro

2224-by-1668 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

Pixel dimensions of the 11 inch screen iPad Pro.

2388-by-1668-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)

The heights of the screens are the same in both models, minus the rounded corners of the 11 inch screen iPad Pro.

The 11 inch screen iPad is wider in landscape mode

Nov 30, 2018 12:35 AM in response to augustya

Yes.

The dimensions are dimensions. The units do not not matter.

The pixel dimensions are from visible screen edge to screen edge.

What ever the dimensions are in any other units will be similar/same results.

The shorter dimension will be the same for both models.

The longer dimension will be longer for the 11 inch screen iPad Pro then it is for the 10 inch screen iPad Pro.

Put your an iPad in landscape orientation.

Longer pixel dimension is the length.

Shorter pixel dimension is the height.

You wanted to know if there was any height differences in the display area of the 10 and 11 inch iPad models.

There is NO difference in height. NONE. Nada!

The heights of the screen in both size models is exactly the same.

The 11 inch iPad Pro, however, has a longer length screen.

Nov 30, 2018 2:11 AM in response to augustya

I am a digital artist designer and illustrator and I, also, worked for many years as an aerospace draughtsman and later doing the same at the very beginning of Computer Aided Draughting and Design ( CADD ) for a few aerospace companies in my surrounding location.

I work with fractions and decimals and converting fractions to decimals and decimals to fraction a WHOLE lot in my lines of work!

There are, also, formulas for converting DPI/ppi to different units

And different units converted to DPI/ppi.

I use these formulas on a regular and daily basis.

I did the DPI/ppi to U.S. inch calculation first.

Then I did the U.S. standard inch conversion to metric centimeters ( cm ) conversions, next.

I have used many different types of formulas in my work for very many years.

Also, some drawing/painting programs on both computers and mobile devices can do the conversion faster and automatically based on inputted digital drawing document sizes ( pixels or other units of measure ) and/or DPI/ppi.

The calculations are correct and accurate, and slightly rounded up for simplicity.

You have all the information that you need, now.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 30, 2018 2:39 AM in response to augustya

I decided to do all of this for the 12.9 inch diagonal screen iPad Pro, as well, since I ended up doing this for two of the iPad Pro models.

So, if someone needs different units of measure for the actual length and height of the 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro, I have all of that info available to me, now, as well.

There is nothing to be impressed about.

There are lots of people with similar backgrounds and knowledge as I that could have provided you with the same information as I did, IF they are a regular, active volunteer member in these support communities and had replied to your post instead of myself.

Good Luck, Be Well and Stay Well!

Nov 30, 2018 8:17 AM in response to augustya

augustya wrote:

post.user_wrote.label:

11 inch is 11 inch (diagonal measurement). It doesn't matter what orientation it is in. Use a physical tape measure. Stretch it diagonally from one corner to the other. You should get 11" (or somewhat close to 11").

I know it is 11" I am not asking that. I am saying when I hold the 10.5" iPad Pro and the 11" iPad Pro what is the Visible Screen Display in Landscape Mode in height (Not Including the Bezels) Just the Visible Part of the screen where the image and picture appears that part. How much is it for both the devices. Like this...check this Picture !

OK, that's more clear. However, I can't measure it because I have neither. I looks like the 10.5" bezel is thinner than the 11".

Nov 30, 2018 9:01 AM in response to ShagCA

ShagCA,

If you read the entire post, I figured everything out for the OP.

The full complete length and height dimesions of the physical screen area.

Right down to dimensions in pixels, inches and centimetres.

The pixel info came from Apple for each size iPad Pro screen.

I converted those numbers to inches and centimetres.

The dimensions are accurate, but rounded up or down slightly to make the dimesions a little more simplied.

I even did the calculations for the screen length and height for the 12.9 iPad Pro models, as well, for future use.

The physical screen height dimensions of both the 10.5 inch diagonal screen iPad Pro and the 11 inch iPad Pro are exactly the same.

Only the length dimension is different on both models.

Display Screen Size of the 11" iPad Pro in Landscape Mode ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.