Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch a movie in portrait mode on my iPhone X? Ever since iOS12, I can’t seem to get the view to portrait in many apps, such as TV, Firefox and others.

iPhone X

iOS 12

no portrait mode - stays landscape despite phones orientation.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 7:08 AM

I think you are trying to tap on the icon on the home screen, not in the control center. Go to a home screen and swipe down from the top right to get the control center. Then tap on the lock icon there.

10 replies

Nov 29, 2018 6:15 AM in response to askbarnabas

Hi,

Yes - I see this (very, very) small icon that looks like a closed lock with a circular arrow around it. This icon is so small, though - sandwiched between the alarm clock icon and they battery percentage/battery icon - that trying to click on it alone is impossible.

Where can I find a Setting to change this to ‘unlocked’?

Thanks in advance!

How do I watch a movie in portrait mode on my iPhone X? Ever since iOS12, I can’t seem to get the view to portrait in many apps, such as TV, Firefox and others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.