Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Apple stole my money!

Hello, on Nov16 I made an an online order (Order Number: W567868699) for the Apple MacBook Pro in maximum custom configuration (2.9GHz 6-core Intel Core i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory, 2TB SSD), initially the order wast to be available Fri Nov 30 (means tomorrow!), I logged into the online store yesterday (11.28.18) yesterday system show me that my order already available on Nov 28, I thought it was great, but when I come today (11.29.18) to the apple store in the IFC mall Hong Kong I found that my order was cancelled yesterday.

The store staff could not explain to me the reason for the cancellation of my order, had to call on the phone 800-908-988 it turned out that my order has been rescheduled many days earlier on Nov 21 (but above I wrote that yesterday I saw that made to order is available just on Nov 28), ok what is next? Then it turns out that the Apple online store thought that I did not pick up the order within 7 days and automatically canceled my order exactly one day before that I physically came to the store, but remember the original availability date was on Nov 30, it is still just tomorrow!

These days I was abroad of Hong Kong and just not checking their email and did not see the message about the postponement of the date of availability of my order, I just come back today and I hoped to please myself with a new acquisition, but I was in for an epic disappointment.

In the end, I was sent to read these rules:

https://www.apple.com/hk/shop/help/exchange_return

Unsuccessful delivery

We will send you an email after three delivery attempts requesting you to contact us within three days to arrange for re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within three days to arrange for re-delivery or if re-delivery is still unsuccessful, the relevant products of your order will be considered as cancelled and you will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.

Now I'm left without a new MacBook Pro, and lost 15% of the order value, that's a lot of money: HK$5931 (it is about US$758).

I think that Apple just stole my money. But they thinking that they just follow to their rules, I himself is to blame in this situation.

I should note that the staff including a store senior Manager of the Apple store in the IFC mall Hong Kong also were shocked by this situation, but since it's an online order, they couldn't do anything about it.

All my friends tell me that this situation is simply impossible, is Apple corporation so disgusting to do with their customers?! It turns out everything is possible!

Below you can find screenshots confirming my words:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 6:41 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How Apple stole my money!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.