Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I read digital magazines on my MacBook Pro?

I'd like to subscribe to the Digital edition of a cooking magazine that is centered around cooking and recipes, complete with how-to videos. In particular, "Taste of Home".

However, I noticed that the Digital Subscription edition is only available on tablets.

Can someone explain this? Is this standard for digital magazines?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), 13" Early 2015

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2018 10:11 AM

Normally it requires a subscription. In many cases you can start by subscribing on their website via a computer and then also download their app on a phone or tablet for free and then login using the same credentials. Alternatively, you can start by subscribing in an app on the phone or tablet and then use the same credentials for the website. All of the ones that I'm familiar with allow access both ways via one subscription.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2018 10:11 AM in response to Linda Appleseed

Normally it requires a subscription. In many cases you can start by subscribing on their website via a computer and then also download their app on a phone or tablet for free and then login using the same credentials. Alternatively, you can start by subscribing in an app on the phone or tablet and then use the same credentials for the website. All of the ones that I'm familiar with allow access both ways via one subscription.

Can I read digital magazines on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.