Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve tried many times to update my iTunes to version 12.9.1 on a PC. Followed directions, begins downloading, and then says “iTunes has an invalid signature. It will not be installed”. How can I fix this without losing my music which is mostly from m

I’ve tried many times to update my iTunes to version 12.9.1 on a PC. Followed directions, begins downloading, and then says “iTunes has an invalid signature. It will not be installed; the download will be removed.“ How can I fix this without losing my music which is mostly from my personal CD collection.

do you know why I always get the “Invalid Signature” response, as I have the same response when attempting to update iCloud for windows.

The drop down error said to try >TOOLS > DOWNLOAD ONLY and try downloading manually.

tried that and got same error response: “Files shared by these updates” has an INVALID SIGNATURE. The download has been removed.

iPhone SE, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 3:13 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 29, 2018 4:59 PM in response to mmeieio

Do a complete uninstall and then download & reinstall using the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components and iTunes installers sections in:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

You iTunes Library should not be affected by this procedure, but it is prudent to backup your iTunes Library first:

Back up and restore your iTunes Library - Apple Support

I’ve tried many times to update my iTunes to version 12.9.1 on a PC. Followed directions, begins downloading, and then says “iTunes has an invalid signature. It will not be installed”. How can I fix this without losing my music which is mostly from m

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.