Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nail Polish Remover on Macbook

So about 5 months ago (maybe a bit longer) I spilt a slight amount of acetone based nail polish remover on my macbook pro 2017. Nothing really happened no short out it actually seemed to still work perfectly but i wiped it up very quickly (literally as it was happening) and I read on the internet to power it down and turn it upside down so I did and i kept if off and in this position for more than a week and I turned it back on and its worked perfectly ever since! Except for a single sticky key (which is actually quite far away from where the spill occurred) I got and email from apple recently that my model and serial number of macbook pro has issues with the keyboard and SSD card and they recommended i get it fixed for free of charge but im still worried my mac may have liquid damage and me being a university student there is no way i have that much money to get it fixed if the ssd card does bum out and i have water damage. When they send out recommendations like this is it really necessary to be fixed? it still works perfectly and im going to have someone from apple take a look but should i pay the $800 to have it fixed or just chance it with the bad ssd?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 5:52 PM

Acetone can not set off the water detectors.

Your appointment for an evaluation is free, and there is no obligation to have Apple do anything for a fee. Get it looked at, and see where you stand.

Similar questions

1 reply

Nail Polish Remover on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.