Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone passcode expired message

Ont know what to do

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 11:14 AM

Hi Karenz1949,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing a message on your iPhone that your passcode has expired. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help.

If an alert says to change your passcode or you can't adjust your passcode settings

Configuration profiles and email accounts based on Microsoft Exchange (common with business or education devices) sometimes have passcode policies that cause issues like this:

• You can't turn off your passcode.
  • You can't change passcode settings because they're unavailable, gray, or dimmed.
  • You see an alert about a Passcode Requirement. For example, you might see a message that says you must change your iPhone unlock passcode within 60 minutes.

User uploaded file

Contact your IT administrator for help. If you don’t use a configuration profile or Microsoft Exchange account, or if your device is personally owned, make sure you update your device to the latest version of iOS.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're not sure if you have a configuration profile installed, tap Settings > General; do you see Device Management? If so, tap it then look for installed profiles in Mobile Device Management. Tap the Profile > More Details > Mobile Device Management, then check to see if there is a passcode policy for the profile; let me know what you find.

Can you also let me know what type of email address you're using (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2018 11:14 AM in response to Karenz1949

Hi Karenz1949,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing a message on your iPhone that your passcode has expired. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help.

If an alert says to change your passcode or you can't adjust your passcode settings

Configuration profiles and email accounts based on Microsoft Exchange (common with business or education devices) sometimes have passcode policies that cause issues like this:

• You can't turn off your passcode.
  • You can't change passcode settings because they're unavailable, gray, or dimmed.
  • You see an alert about a Passcode Requirement. For example, you might see a message that says you must change your iPhone unlock passcode within 60 minutes.

User uploaded file

Contact your IT administrator for help. If you don’t use a configuration profile or Microsoft Exchange account, or if your device is personally owned, make sure you update your device to the latest version of iOS.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're not sure if you have a configuration profile installed, tap Settings > General; do you see Device Management? If so, tap it then look for installed profiles in Mobile Device Management. Tap the Profile > More Details > Mobile Device Management, then check to see if there is a passcode policy for the profile; let me know what you find.

Can you also let me know what type of email address you're using (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Best Regards.

iPhone passcode expired message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.