Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with printing PDF from Preview since updating to Mojave

I updated to Mojave recently and cannot print from Preview to my office printer. I am using a Konica Minolta Bizhub C454e. I am able to print from Chrome and Excel and other programs, just not Preview. We use Account Track settings where everyone has their own code. Since updating to Mojave it does not give me the option to plug in the code when in Preview. Below is what it looked like before I updated to Mojave. I'd have the option to choose Output Method. Once in Output Method I could select Account Track and put in my copier code.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I still get the previous options when I am printing from something other than Preview. However, now when I print from Preview these are my only options:

User uploaded file

Account Track shows when I select Printer Features but when I click it, it doesn't give me the option to put a code in like before Mojave or on other programs.

User uploaded file

I have looked through all settings. I have updated the drivers to the new OS. I have deleted and reinstalled the printer as well as restarted my computer but I still can't find a way for the original settings to come back for me to be able to print with Preview. What am I missing here?

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 7:33 AM

6 replies

Jan 7, 2019 3:34 PM in response to alli119

I found this solution on the xerox forum and it worked for me:

Open a third party application (non-Apple) such as chrome or a pdf viewer and print a page as you used to do going to the account track settings (shown in the first examples in this thread. BEFORE hitting print - SAVE it as a preset. You should then be able to use that preset in programs like Preview, safari, etc.

It apparently has something to do with 32 to 64 bit programs.

Here is the original thread where I found this solution.

https://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Printing/Unable-to-print-with-accounting-on-Mac-OS-Mojave/m-p/219655/highlight/true#M17773

Issues with printing PDF from Preview since updating to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.