Question:

Question: HomePod "Unavailable" on iPhone

I am having troubles accessing my HomePod from my iPhone XS Max; the "Home" app on my iPhone says the HomePod is "Unavailable", and I cannot transfer phone calls to it.

I *can* access the HomePod from my iPad and my Mac including accessing the HomePod's settings from these devices.

I *can* send redirect Apple Music from my iPhone to the HomePod

All devices are on the same Wi-Fi. Bluetooth is on on the iPhone. All software is up to date on all devices.

I can reset the HomePod, and the iPhone will connect and set it up, but then the iPhone loses contact again. I have also restarted my phone.

Anyone know why my iPhone (and apparently only my iPhone) has issues with my HomePod?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? Check that all the prerequisites in the Get started section of Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support are met. If you have a multi-band router it may help to either turn one band off or forget all but one set of networking settings so that devices will be using the same one. Adding address reservations for your devices may also help.

tt2

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

Dec 1, 2018 3:38 AM in response to Todd Heberlein1 In response to Todd Heberlein1

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? Check that all the prerequisites in the Get started section of Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support are met. If you have a multi-band router it may help to either turn one band off or forget all but one set of networking settings so that devices will be using the same one. Adding address reservations for your devices may also help.

tt2

Dec 1, 2018 3:38 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Todd Heberlein1

Question: HomePod "Unavailable" on iPhone