Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing apps on new iPad Pro

How do I close open apps on my new iPad Pro 11 inch? Before all I had to do was double tap the home button and then flick off any apps I wanted to close.

Thanks!

iPad Pro 11-inch, Cellular, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 1:07 PM

Many things have changed in iOS 12.

With the new iOS 12, you make the Control Panel visible by swiping down from the top right corner of the iPad's screen, now.

You might want to download the new iPad Users Guide for iOS 12 to famlairise yourself with how iOS 12 works.

Tap on the link below.

iPad User Guide for iOS 12 by Apple Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-12/id1420662722?mt=11

Also, if you want to access the control panel from within an app, there is a toggle button to toggle ON, in the Settings app, to allow the Control Panel to appear within an active app

The way you bring up the Dock now works a little differently too, in iOS 12, also.

You do a slower short swipe up, then pause when you see the Dock then take your finger off of the screen.

In addition, to bring up the App Switcher, now, you swipe up to the center of the screen, hold for a second, or two, then lift your finger off of the screen.

Lots of new features and things to discover iOS 12.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2018 1:07 PM in response to zeeez

Many things have changed in iOS 12.

With the new iOS 12, you make the Control Panel visible by swiping down from the top right corner of the iPad's screen, now.

You might want to download the new iPad Users Guide for iOS 12 to famlairise yourself with how iOS 12 works.

Tap on the link below.

iPad User Guide for iOS 12 by Apple Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-12/id1420662722?mt=11

Also, if you want to access the control panel from within an app, there is a toggle button to toggle ON, in the Settings app, to allow the Control Panel to appear within an active app

The way you bring up the Dock now works a little differently too, in iOS 12, also.

You do a slower short swipe up, then pause when you see the Dock then take your finger off of the screen.

In addition, to bring up the App Switcher, now, you swipe up to the center of the screen, hold for a second, or two, then lift your finger off of the screen.

Lots of new features and things to discover iOS 12.

Closing apps on new iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.