Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know how much music I have?

I have tried looking this up, but all the answers are from 2014 or before and iTunes has changed since then. I need to know how big my library is, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Thanks in advance.

iPod classic (120 GB), Windows 7, iPhone 3GS

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 6:39 AM

sabrinanan wrote:

Go into Settings > General > About and you will see how many songs are in your library

On a Mac? (This is the iTunes for Mac forum)

LunaRaeB wrote:

I have tried looking this up, but all the answers are from 2014 or before and iTunes has changed since then. I need to know how big my library is, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Thanks in advance.

In iTunes for Mac, look at the bottom of the screen when in your Library. It will tell you how many songs or albums depending on what you have selected, the time it would take to play them, and the storage space they are taking up.

User uploaded file

If the Status bar is not visible, go to the View menu, and click on "Show Status Bar".

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2018 6:39 AM in response to sabrinanan

sabrinanan wrote:

Go into Settings > General > About and you will see how many songs are in your library

On a Mac? (This is the iTunes for Mac forum)

LunaRaeB wrote:

In iTunes for Mac, look at the bottom of the screen when in your Library. It will tell you how many songs or albums depending on what you have selected, the time it would take to play them, and the storage space they are taking up.

User uploaded file

If the Status bar is not visible, go to the View menu, and click on "Show Status Bar".

How do I know how much music I have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.