Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DIctionary Mojave

I just purchased a new macbook air and noticed that there is no more Bulgarian-English-Bulgarian dictionary on the Dictionary app. Any suggestions how and from where to install it?

thanks

macbook

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 9:09 PM

You will need to find a website where you can download a suitable dictionary file, I could only find this.

http://clasquin-johnson.co.za/michel/mac-os-x-dictionaries/east-european-languag es/bulgarian.html

Once the files are downloaded move them to your Users/<Home>/Library/Dictionaries folder. Better still open the Dictionary app, click on File in the menubar and then click on Open Dictionary Folder, now drag the files into the window, see below.

User uploaded file

Now close the Dictionary app, then reopen it, select Preferences from File in the menubar, the new Dictionaries should be at the bottom of the list, select them to make them active, and move them up the list in order of preference.

Please note if you are using Dark Mode it will be difficult to read the results.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2018 9:09 PM in response to i100

You will need to find a website where you can download a suitable dictionary file, I could only find this.

http://clasquin-johnson.co.za/michel/mac-os-x-dictionaries/east-european-languag es/bulgarian.html

Once the files are downloaded move them to your Users/<Home>/Library/Dictionaries folder. Better still open the Dictionary app, click on File in the menubar and then click on Open Dictionary Folder, now drag the files into the window, see below.

User uploaded file

Now close the Dictionary app, then reopen it, select Preferences from File in the menubar, the new Dictionaries should be at the bottom of the list, select them to make them active, and move them up the list in order of preference.

Please note if you are using Dark Mode it will be difficult to read the results.

DIctionary Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.