Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easy mass email deletion on iphone

I have reviewed every article imaginable and cannot figure out how to do a mass deletion in my emails on my iPhone.

In my opinion, and based on the intuitive way Mac/Apple software has been set up in the past , I should be able to mass select emails on my iPhone and then push a button that says ‘Trash All.’

I have noticed that some people can select their inbox folder push delete and then do ‘trash All’

I however for the life of me cannot figure out how to make this happen.

Hence my dilemma.

Does anyone know a quick and easy way to mass delete emails on an iPhone without individually select each one and then putting the trash button.

As I receive 35 emails, daily I am sick and tired of deleting several hundred emails one at a time come the end of the week.

I thank you kindly for any response.

iPhone X, iOS 12.0.1, Mail

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 10:21 AM

Go the mailbox that you want to delete all messages from.

In the upper right hand corner, select 'Edit'.

Tap on one of the circles to put a blue check mark next to one message. You only need to select one.

Now touch and hold the 'Move' button at the bottom of the screen. Hold it, do not release.

While still holding 'move', uncheck the message you checked in the step above.

Now release 'Hold'.

On the following screen select 'Trash'.

All messages will be moved to the trash.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2018 10:21 AM in response to jasdesign

Go the mailbox that you want to delete all messages from.

In the upper right hand corner, select 'Edit'.

Tap on one of the circles to put a blue check mark next to one message. You only need to select one.

Now touch and hold the 'Move' button at the bottom of the screen. Hold it, do not release.

While still holding 'move', uncheck the message you checked in the step above.

Now release 'Hold'.

On the following screen select 'Trash'.

All messages will be moved to the trash.

Easy mass email deletion on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.