Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS dual sim dynamic default line?

Hi,

I bought an iPhone XS, as I travel to a couple of different countries for work on a weekly basis. I use eSIM for my « home country » line, and I have local SIM cards for the countries I’m visiting for work. I‘m wondering if there’s a solution (or if this could be a suggestion for a future iOS update) for this problem:

How can I get my iPhone to systematically use the one active Cellular plan that is effectively connected to its local network (its always one of the 2 - the other being on roaming) to dial all contacts, regardless of which plan I « last used » to call them, and without having to switch to a different « always use » option for a given contact every time I need to call them?

Hope this is clear? Happy to answer clarifications. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 11:08 PM

I found that the default voice line do not change in all contact, it is defect in apple software. I found a solution till they correct the software. Just clear you 'recent' call list and you will see all contact will get corrected with default voice line selected by you !!

4 replies

Jan 12, 2019 10:03 PM in response to atheralaqqad

This is surely a major defect in iPhone dual sim software. I have also observed that even after deleting recent call list few contacts do not switch to default voice line. I hope apple will correct this fault and even there should not be a need to clear recent call list every time.

The correct software is that other than for the contacts where a default line is assigned inside the contact card, all other should switch to selected default line whenever we select a default voice line in settings.

The wrong selecting the sim by iPhone is costing heavily on roaming charges.

iPhone XS dual sim dynamic default line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.