Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader causes iPhone XS Max continuously restart

I just bought an Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader to use with my iPhone XS Max. However, when I plug in the card reader to the lightning port, the iPhone continuously restarts about every one minute. But it works normally both on my iPad and my wife’s iPhone X.

I don’t know if it’s the problem of my iPhone Xs max? (iOS 12.1, 256GB)

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 4, 2018 12:10 AM

17 replies

Mar 5, 2019 5:24 AM in response to cax852

I encourage those who are facing the same issue to log a ticket with Apple Support Technical Advisor.

• Raised a ticket
  • Provide them this discussions thread
  • they would request you to provide detail and device log.

I had already raised a ticket and provided them with the logs from the device and itunes. pending engineering for update. BTW i was told they do not monitoring discussions.apple.com. So as long ticket is not created no action will be taken. More ticket might help to get fixed asap.

Mar 4, 2019 7:53 AM in response to LKKKP

i got the exact same issue on 12.1.3 & 12.1.4 on both Xs And Xs Max, not affected on my ipad 6th and iPhone 6S and X. I went to apple store today they can reproduce the same issue on their own Xs too. Anyway they swap a new one for me and said they know it won't fix it but hope 12.2 would fix this later on.

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader causes iPhone XS Max continuously restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.