Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a brand new iPad 6th generation. I have no sound when I play mp4 video on it. However, the same video has sound when played on my iphone6 or my wife’s 5th generation iPad. Is there something in settings that needs to be changed?

I have a brand new iPad 6th generation that has no sound when playing mp4 videos. However, the same mp4 files do have sound when played on my iPhone 6 or my wife’s iPad 5th generation. Is there something in settings that needs to be changed?

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1, 6th generation

Posted on Dec 5, 2018 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2018 7:10 PM

iOS devices have a volume setting per app. I’ll have to ask: did you check the volume level while playing the video; did you try the volume up button on the side? Did you have Silent Mode set (bell icon in Control Center)?

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2018 7:10 PM in response to Jeeper13

iOS devices have a volume setting per app. I’ll have to ask: did you check the volume level while playing the video; did you try the volume up button on the side? Did you have Silent Mode set (bell icon in Control Center)?

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I have a brand new iPad 6th generation. I have no sound when I play mp4 video on it. However, the same video has sound when played on my iphone6 or my wife’s 5th generation iPad. Is there something in settings that needs to be changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.