Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone XS still restoring?

My new iPhone XS shows under the battery selection in settings that I have an “Ongoing Restore” and the “battery life may be reduced while this restore is in progress.” This has been going on for over a week. Under the iCloud backup selection it states that “Restoring from iCloud is paused and will resume when this phone is on Wi-Fi. Restoring Media”User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Dec 5, 2018 6:43 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2018 8:02 AM in response to KiltedTim

My question is why is it taking over a week to restore. Most of the time is is connected to WiFi. It shilling take this long. Everything seems to be working and looks like I have all my media, yet it’s telling me that it’s still restoring after early two weeks. My question is why and how can I fix it? Currently on WiFi. That’s not my question. Why is it taking nearly two weeks to complete?

User uploaded file

Jan 12, 2019 10:49 AM in response to ShanTann

I am having a similar issue.

I received my iPhone XS two days ago and initiated an iCloud transfer from my old iPhone 6.

My apps and data were transferred within a few hours, but two days later, it still shows "Ongoing Restore" in my battery settings. When I check the iCloud backup settings, it shows, "This phone is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done. Restore in progress (2.7 MB remaining)."

I've had it on WiFi, connected to power and locked over night each of the past two days. I have no idea what this additional 2.7 MB is nor why it's not completing the restore process.

So my own questions are:

1) What is it failing to restore?

2) How can I complete the restore process without losing data?

---Gary

Why is my iPhone XS still restoring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.