Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

force quit shortcut keys

What are the shortcut keys for force quit in mac ?
it shows three keys, what is the first key. New to mac , I dont get the first key

MACBOOK PRO Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 24, 2007 6:51 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2007 6:59 AM in response to kmath

kmath, welcome to Apple Discussions & the Mac Community.

The key in question is probably the "Command" key, the one with the Apple symbol & the unusual rectangle symbol.

Here's a list of other keyboard commands.
Magical Macintosh Key Sequences
http://davespicks.com/writing/programming/mackeys.html

Suggest you buy the book by David Pogue - Mac OS X The Missing Manual Tiger Edition.

Includes everything you need to know about installing OS X, using OS X & maintaining OS X.

 Cheers, Tom

Apr 23, 2007 6:24 AM in response to RBALLBOB

That key combination used to work, now I just get a sound suggesting it is an undefined shortcut. As well, when I briefly push the power button, I used to get the option sleep/restart/shut-down the computer. The function is now lost.

It would seem to me that it is a software problem, and that I just need to remove a faulty preference file, or do a similar move. I have tried a number of things (reset PRAM, reset PMU, update firmware, MacJanitor, clean up priviliges, among others). But no luck. Any suggestions?

Again, it used to work fine when I first got my MacBook. I have had Macs since 1988, and this is the first time I see something like this.

Christian

force quit shortcut keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.