Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Interface display blur error on screen when scrolling

Problem: When scrolling (vertically or horizontally) the Graphical pane in DVDSP4, the icons start blurring. This happens in the Track pane as well. The solution is to switch out of DVDSP4, or manipulate either end of the scroll sliders.

It looks like a screen driver error, or incorrect use of a graphics card process by the application. (pure conjecture)

I've found two references to this problem in Apple discussions - no answer or solution was provided to either. Apologies if I haven't found any reference that might have solved it.

It's a shame I can't post a screenshot.

Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPc G5 Mac OS X (10.4.8) 2.5GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on Feb 25, 2007 4:16 PM

7 replies

Apr 11, 2007 5:15 PM in response to Juergen Pfeiffer

Hi Juergen... brilliant! – changing the configuration to Extended has eliminated the blurring for now. Many thanks for this workaround. I'll have a play and try to narrow down the problem.

Maybe it’s a certain combination of window panes that is triggering the bizarre blurring and shearing display effect in the Track Editor and Graphical outline views.

I'm using a Dell 24 inch 1920 x 1200 at native resolution. (With a second display for additional windows.)

Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPc G5 Mac OS X (10.4.8) 2.5GB DDR SDRAM

Interface display blur error on screen when scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.