Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening EXS24

I want to use the EXS24 simply to sample sounds. I cannot figure out how to open it without opening an instrument first then deleting the preexisting zone before adding a new zone and loading my sound. Clearly this must be a goofy workaround. Is there a way to open the EXS24 in a more direct manner?

Thanks for help.

Tony

MacPro 2.66 Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2007 9:48 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2007 11:07 AM in response to Tony Randel1

When you initially open up the EXS24 you will have the default sound of a fairly bland sinewave type bleep. Click on the edit button and then under the instrument menu go for a new instrument, add new zones and the required audio files to each zone, setting keynotes for playback et al, save the new instrument under an appropriate name et voila ... your new instrument is available in the drop down patch list!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob Strike

Feb 28, 2007 11:24 AM in response to Tony Randel1

As I mentioned, as far as I'm aware, the only 'blank' version available is the default instrument on opening with someting like '---' in the 'display' ... if you follow the instructions above then you should be well away.

It's so quick to program up heavily processed loop (or whatever you fancy) as a logic song, bounce down to an audio file and then trigger the whole thing as a sample from within the EXS ...

Opening EXS24

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.