Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Port Teaming

Been on a Server Essentials course and the trainer showed us how to team two ethernet ports on a XServe together, but for the life of me I can remember how to do it now I've finally got the company to buy a couple.

Any help would be great guys

Thanks

G4 17" Powerbook Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 8, 2007 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2007 9:43 AM

Via the GUI:

System Preferences -> Network -> Show -> Network Port Configurations -> New -> Link Aggregate

Via the CLI:

<pre class=command>sudo networksetup -createBond "Bonded Interface Name" "Built-in Ethernet 1" "Built-in Ethernet 2"</pre>

will create a new trunk called 'Bonded Interface Name' consisting of en0 and en1.

In both cases, make sure you configure your switch ports accordingly.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2007 9:43 AM in response to MacMonkey

Via the GUI:

System Preferences -> Network -> Show -> Network Port Configurations -> New -> Link Aggregate

Via the CLI:

<pre class=command>sudo networksetup -createBond "Bonded Interface Name" "Built-in Ethernet 1" "Built-in Ethernet 2"</pre>

will create a new trunk called 'Bonded Interface Name' consisting of en0 and en1.

In both cases, make sure you configure your switch ports accordingly.

Ethernet Port Teaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.