Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't uninstall Quicktime

I'm trying to install ITunes, but I can't until I uninstall whatever current version of Quicktime I have on my computer. When I try to install QT, I get a -3 error message saying that the older version of QT cannot be removed. When I try to uninstall it in Add/Remove Programs, nothing happens. Under the program files, it won't allow me to delete the folder - I get an error message saying I cannot delete qttask because access is denied. This is my own personal computer, so I have no idea why I do not have access! I just want to update my IPod! Help!

Compaq, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 9, 2007 5:48 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2007 11:55 AM in response to Computer Killer

I get an error message saying I cannot delete qttask because access is denied.

that one is often caused if the qttask.exe background process is still running when you try to delete the folder.

bring up your Task Manager and click on the "Processes" tab. click "image name" to sort the processes alphabetically. find and end qttask.exe.

can you delete the folder now?

Can't uninstall Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.