Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RSS Feed Server Was Shut Down-Need to Change Podcast Feed URL

Hello all, hope you can help!

My server where my RSS feed file, my actual podcast file, and my artwork resides was shut off without notice, yesterday. So now I have setup a permanent location for these files on another server, and they are working fine at this new location.

My problem is that I have no idea how to tell the guys at Apple to look to this new server for my RSS feed file, instead of the old sever.

Everything else is working perfectly, so do I just go through iTunes to setup a new Podcast submission (and hope they don't notice the old one, or drop it, or something)? Or is there some way to get through to Apple to look to this other server for the RSS feed file?

Thanks much!

Chaz

PB Ti 1GHz - The last of it's kind Mac OS X (10.4.8) et al

Posted on Mar 14, 2007 10:51 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2007 6:12 PM in response to Mitchell Anthony

So what do I do? The XML, the podcasts and the artwork no longer exist on the server I told Apple was where the files were at. Therefore, I would assume the podcast will be removed from iTunes, once they figure it out, right?

So do I repost the podcast, with the new location of my XML file, and ignore the fact that Apple has the old URL from my old podcast. ( I then assume that Apple will eventually delete the old podcast, and hopefully sooner rather than later so people don't see both and get confused. )

So, I think I have 2 options:

1) Repost podcast with new server location of my XML. Don't tell Apple anything about the old location, let them figure it out.

2) Tell Apple (but I don't know who or how to tell them yet) about the new server location of the XML file. Then, let them fix it.

I'm of the opinion that option 1 is my best bet as I have not found any indication that Apple wants me to contact them, other than about NEW podcasts, they don't want to FIX existing podcasts.

Let me know what the world at large knows about this!

Mar 14, 2007 6:42 PM in response to ChazH

Posting an updated RSS feed to a new server is not a valid option; iTMS spiders won't know where your XML file is unless it's located on your old server.

You can submit to iTMS a new podcast XML feed pointing to your new server, but won't be able to use your old show name because it's already taken by you - even though you no longer have access to it.

Contact iTMS Customer Service http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/musicstore/podcast/ or submit a new feed with a mildly changed podcast show name.

Mitchell A.
Producer and host
BuzzBender More Buzz. No Filler.

G4 Mac OS X (10.3.9)

RSS Feed Server Was Shut Down-Need to Change Podcast Feed URL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.