Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Post 10.4.9 on BlackBook, video weirdness

654 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 12, 2008 2:55 PM by midtoad@shaw.ca RSS
midtoad@shaw.ca Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 15, 2007 10:19 PM
After updating to 10.4.9 today on my BlackBook, I restarted remotely through VNC. After that I could not see a login screen through VNC, just a dark blue bank across the top of the session window. So I had to wait until I got home.

After physically logging in, I noticed extensive video corruption, like bad interference from a TV set - only I don't own a TV! It looked like this:
http://midtoad.homelinux.org/files/GraphicsCorruption.png

I disconnected my Sony 19" external LCD display, my FireWire hard drive and iSight, and items plugged into my USB hub, but no change. Then I started Disk Utility after reading that several others had had disk failures, and immediately got the death screen telling me I had to restart. Fearing the worst, I did so.

But after the restart everything is looking good, and there is no further sign of the video corruption. I'm lucky this time, I guess.
MacBook (Black) 2.0 GHz/1 GB/80 GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.8), I also run Ubuntu Linux & WinXP in Parallels

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.