Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make a copy of Photoshop 6

I have lost the original installation disk for photoshop 6 and need to move the program from an older Powerbook to a newer model. How is this done?

thanks for the help

Powerbook17, Mac OS X (10.4.9), Powerbook 12 & Powerbook titanium

Posted on Mar 17, 2007 9:20 PM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2007 11:32 AM in response to JecoSheila

copying the whole photoshop folder would do the trick

No, it won't. There are many other files installed in other folders that are required for Photoshop to operate. Copying only the main application folder isn't going to do the trick.

doyle66,

Go to Adobe's site. If you don't already have a user account, you can create one by going to the menu bar on the lead page and choosing Store > Your Account. Log in and you will find the serial numbers for any Adobe products you have purchased and registered. With that information, then call Adobe and see if you can purchase a replacement disk. Shouldn't be that much as long as you can prove legal ownership.

Mar 23, 2007 7:53 AM in response to doyle66

Hi, Doyle. I never had PS 6; I upgraded directly from 5.0.2 to CS2, though I still have PS 5.0.2 installed because it has a MrSID plug-in that I need from time to time, and that isn't available for CS2.

In my PS 5 application folder, there's a Photoshop Installer Log that tells where everything was installed, including the items that were put into the OS 9 System Folder. If your PS 6 installer created a similar log, and you haven't trashed it, it will tell you where all the parts of your installation are. The one thing it won't tell you, if it's like mine, is where the serial number is stored. It seems to me that in the past, when I've had to restore a hard drive from a backup, I had to re-enter my PS 5 serial number in order to use the newly-restored copy of the program. So make sure you have your serial number written down in a safe place. Mine is jotted into my PS 5 manual — remember when software came with printed manuals? Actually, I'm just as glad CS2 didn't: you'd need a wheelbarrow to carry a CS2 manual.

How do I make a copy of Photoshop 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.