Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk letters in foldernames

Hi

I use the default apache in OSX server 10.4.9.

I have a ImageFolio4 installation that uses nothing but CGI-Perl, everything works fine except one thing, ImageFolio creates folders that are named by the user from within the webapp, but does not let me use non english characters.

When i try to create a folder naming it with non english letters i get an "invalid argument" error message, if i name the folder with english letters there are no problems.

I have one installation of ImageFolio4 on OSX server and one on IIS, and im frustrated to have to say that this problem only occurs on the OSX install.

If i create the folder manually on the server, and then update the folder from within the webapp, the folder is added, but with junk letters instead of the swedish chars ö ä å.

I have noticed that when i try to make folders using Terminal, ö ä å is not visible in the terminal window, just numbers, but on the server the folders are visible with the correct names, but in terminal the ä ö å is allways showed as numbers.

Is there a connection here, cant OSX have folders created with non english letters except when i use finder?

Mikael

G5, Xserve, PB G4 Mac OS X (10.4.8)

G5, Xserve, PB G4 Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 19, 2007 11:05 AM

There are no replies.

Junk letters in foldernames

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.