Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not seeing pictbridge device?

Hi all 🙂

I have a Samsung P200 phone. I've resigned myself to not being able to sync between this phone and my mac, but I noticed I could set it's USB connection to pictbridge.

I tried this and iPhoto opens but then doesn't show the phone as a device which I can import photos from. In fact it doesn't show it at all! Which seems weird as iPhoto opens automatically when I plug it in.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour? .. and if so is there a fix?

Thanks for any replies 🙂

iBook G4 14in Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 20, 2007 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2007 5:11 PM

I don't have that phone so weigh my response carefully. I'm basing these comments on what I learned with my phone.

iPhoto opens automatically when I plug it in.<<<</div>

That's probably because the phone is using the Mac to recharge its battery (and nothing more).

I noticed I could set it's USB connection to pictbridge.<<<</div>

I would guess that the connection takes effect only if you have a Bluetooth connection. My Mac uses a USB-2 connector for BT but I don't know if all Macs use BT that way.

My suggestion is that you purchase a BT adapter and experiment. HOWEVER, be certain to purchase from a retailer that will accept a return if it doesn't work the way that you want it to work. Be forewarned that it's packed in the type of bubble-pack that requires blasting caps to open so you might wish to discuss that with the retailer. The required adapter is:
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=34
It's really easy to configure.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2007 5:11 PM in response to AdiFish

I don't have that phone so weigh my response carefully. I'm basing these comments on what I learned with my phone.

iPhoto opens automatically when I plug it in.<<<</div>

That's probably because the phone is using the Mac to recharge its battery (and nothing more).

I noticed I could set it's USB connection to pictbridge.<<<</div>

I would guess that the connection takes effect only if you have a Bluetooth connection. My Mac uses a USB-2 connector for BT but I don't know if all Macs use BT that way.

My suggestion is that you purchase a BT adapter and experiment. HOWEVER, be certain to purchase from a retailer that will accept a return if it doesn't work the way that you want it to work. Be forewarned that it's packed in the type of bubble-pack that requires blasting caps to open so you might wish to discuss that with the retailer. The required adapter is:
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=34
It's really easy to configure.

iPhoto not seeing pictbridge device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.