Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Curtain Mode Image

Can any one direct me to the image file of the Remote Desktop Curtain Mode image? I would like to replace it with one of my own. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Than you!

|| iBook G4 || 1.33 GHz || 512 MB DDR SDRAM || 80 GB ||, Mac OS X (10.4.9), 2G iPod 10GB and iPod Nano 6GB

Posted on Mar 26, 2007 4:13 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2007 4:49 PM in response to JCohen919190

To clarify: I would like the curtain mode to pull up a solid black screen on the client computer. (I am running several projectors off of a computer and I would like to be able to control the computers remotely. I could imagine a situation in which I would like to make changes to the powerpoint on the client computer connected to the projector with out anyone noticing. So, I am imagining that I could use ARD Curtain mode to access the machine and the curtain mode would pull up a solid black screen so the projectors would project solid black.) If you have other ideas to accomplish this, let me know.

Mar 27, 2007 10:25 AM in response to JCohen919190

You can change the lock screen (in lock mode not curtain mode... effectively the same thing you can still control it oddly enough),

I don't know if you can get rid of the text (unless you changed the screen to white and kept the image size the area of the screen.).

Create a picture using a graphics program, such as AppleWorks.

Save the picture in PICT, TIFF, GIF, JPEG, or any other QuickTime-compatible static image format.

QuickTime-compatible movies or QuickTime VR objects cannot be used.

Name the picture "Lock Screen Picture".

Copy the "Lock Screen Picture" file to /Library/Preferences/ on the client computer.

Change Curtain Mode Image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.