Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app not downloading from server correctly

Hi

I am using Mail.app on 10.4.9 with a Mac.com email address setup and am having problem receiving emails from just one person - that's right only one sender.

What happens is, the person sends the email and it arrives at the webmail interface (i.e. I can view the email using Safari) but the emails are not downloading to Mail.app like all others i receive, I have to login to .Mac webmail to read the emails this persons is sending to me.

I have noticed that once the emails have been read on WebMail, Mail.app will then download them to the Inbox and mark them as read.

I have tried synchronising the account and rebuilding the mailbox but am still not able to get Mail.app to download these emails.

Thanks for any help.
Gary

PowerBook G4 1.25GHz FW800, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 28, 2007 6:38 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2007 7:52 PM in response to iSilver

Hello Gary.

Since you are accessing your .Mac account as either a .Mac type or IMAP account with Mail, resynchronizing the account and rebuilding the account's Inbox mailbox should have worked so try recreating the account's Inbox mailbox.

Quit Mail first and using the Finder go to Home > Library > Mail > Mac - your .Mac account user name > INBOX.imapmbox.

Move the INBOX.imapmbox to the Desktop.

Launch Mail and a new INBOX.imapmbox will be created automatically by Mail within your .Mac account named folder and the new mailbox will be synchronized with the server.

This manual resynchronization may not make any difference but worth a try.

If this isn't successful, the next step will be targeting Mail's Envelope Index file which stores an index of all mailboxes and messages within.

Mar 29, 2007 6:22 AM in response to iSilver

Quit Mail first and using the Finder go to Home > Library > Mail. Copy the Mail folder and place the copy on the Desktop for backup purposes.

Using the Finder go to Home > Library > Mail > Envelope Index.

Delete the Envelope Index file and empty the Trash.

Launch Mail and you will be prompted to import mailboxes. Select OK and allow this process to complete. This really isn't importing anything but replacing the deleted Envelope Index file and re-indexing all mailboxes and messages.

I'm not sure this will make any difference either but can't hurt.

After confirming all mailboxes/messages are available, you can delete the copy of the Mail folder from the Desktop.

When was the last time you use a system and user cache cleaner?

Check this link for system troubleshooting procedures and when doing so, follow all steps/instructions in the order provided.

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/repairprocess.html

Mail.app not downloading from server correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.