Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Groupwise & iCal?

Time to resurrect this topic again.

Is there a solution yet to getting Groupwise calendar items in iCal?

intel core duo 2 MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Mar 28, 2007 7:42 PM

12 replies

Apr 17, 2007 9:33 AM in response to Fritz Gutwein

one way to have your GroupWise calendared appointments import in iCal is to set-up a Mail account to receive messages. Once that's done you can add to iCal from the Calendars folder in Mail provided you accepted the appointment in Groupwise.

The problem I have with this though is the alarms notifications don't work.

2 x 2.66 Ghz D-Core Intel Xeon Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Apr 21, 2007 11:15 AM in response to emiliog

I don't follow the above directions. Could you be a little more detailed? I too want to import/sync GroupWise calendar items to my Mac. I am currently using the Netware cross-platform GroupWise client. Are you saying to set up an account in Apple Mail to receive GroupWise messages? After the calendar messages are received in Mail, do you move the messages to iCal?
Thanks,
Al

Apr 24, 2007 12:04 PM in response to ALF

You'll need to set-up Mail to receive emails from your Groupwise account. You'll need your "incoming mail server" info, your username (which is the email address minus the "@company.com" part) and of course the password to your email account. your system administrator should have the info. (If they give you the outgoing mail server info then that's a bonus. It'll still work in terms of receiving emails and calendar events without that. I still can't send out emails from Mail).

Once the account is active the folders, mailboxes and cabinets you have in Groupwise will appear in Mail including the one called Calendar. Once someone invites you to a meeting etc. it'll show up in your Calendars folder like an email with a .ics attachment. Control click on it and the bottom option with be "Add to iCal", select and your done.

Small note, I can't seem to get the alarms to work to notify me. Still a mystery to me.

I hope this helps.

Jul 11, 2007 4:04 PM in response to Fritz Gutwein

I know this is an old subject but I thought I'd add something I recently found that might help some people doing a search.

One way to get items from iCal to Groupwise is to create the appointment in iCal and then email it to yourself from within iCal. Right-click on the event and choose mail event. Groupwise seems to automatically plug the event from the email into the calendar portion of the program. The time of the appt. seems to be wrong but that can be easily adjusted.

At least this doesn't require duplicating the effort of making the appointment in both iCal and Groupwise.

Aug 10, 2007 8:02 AM in response to David Gardner8

I'm glad this topic is going again.

Unfortunately, the time of appointments being wrong was the real deal killer the last time through on this topic.

You can batch import into GroupWise calendar - rather than having to do it on an appointment-by-appointment basis.

But, near as I can tell, GW simply ignores the time-zone settings, so everything was shifted to UTC.

I tried all kinds of tweaks to the files in terms of adjusting the formatting of the file, especially the date and the name of the time zone.

NADA!

The only thing I'm left with is developing an Applescript that manually adjusts the time by x number of hours. That seem doable, but accounting for daylight savings was an issue.

Publishing a .Mac calendar has held off some of the folks at work, but I can feel the wagons circling that this is going to become something critical for me to resolve and get my calendar into GW.

The flaw seems to be with GroupWise here, and while seemingly simple, it's one that nobody in this community has seemed to crack.

Message was edited by: Marc Posner

Sep 11, 2007 7:30 AM in response to emiliog

I had discovered that solution about a year ago. The main inconvenience in this approach occurs when someone schedules a years worth of weekly meetings. I now have 52 meetings that need to be "accepted" individually. Is there a short cut to accepting multiple meetings at once? It would be idea if iCal recognized that they were a series of meetings and could accept all at once.

Any ideas?

Groupwise & iCal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.