Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External SATA drive via firewire to my G4 1.33 PATA?

Hi...time for my first Ext. HD. I spent an hour reading posts and couldn't see any thing relevent...probably because it's a dumb question, but here goes:

I believe I can run an external SATA HD via FW (Icy Box) to my PATA iBook G4 1.33, but are there any conflicts between the parallel and the serial ATAs? Will I be able to boot my Book from the external SATA drive? Will automatic backup be a problem?

Like I said, probably a dumb question, but it's nevertheless one I need answered!

Thanks...I appreciate your help!

Nov,04 iBook G4 1.33, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Mar 29, 2007 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2007 12:09 PM

I believe I can run an external SATA HD via FW (Icy Box) to my PATA iBook G4 1.33...

Yes

...but are there any conflicts between the parallel and the serial ATAs?

No, the iBook doesn't know what type of disk is in that FireWire box.

Will I be able to boot my Book from the external SATA drive? Will automatic backup be a problem?

Yes and No
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2007 12:09 PM in response to Eric Okun

I believe I can run an external SATA HD via FW (Icy Box) to my PATA iBook G4 1.33...

Yes

...but are there any conflicts between the parallel and the serial ATAs?

No, the iBook doesn't know what type of disk is in that FireWire box.

Will I be able to boot my Book from the external SATA drive? Will automatic backup be a problem?

Yes and No

External SATA drive via firewire to my G4 1.33 PATA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.