Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Won't Play More and More Songs!!

When choose one song to play, skips down 1,2 or more then starts to play. What is going on here? I back up my iTunes regularly. This is getting way to much and is spreading?? Anymore and wont be able to use it. Apple what is going on?? Last year an iTunes update wiped out hundreds of my songs!! Something is starting to smell badly of reoccuring BAD CODE--just not stable as it was in past.

iMac 20, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 1 gig ram

Posted on Apr 1, 2007 12:59 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2007 11:45 AM in response to Larry Bryan

I've owned a lot of iPods (always upgrading) and I've not encountered this problem. There are two likely causes that come to mind:

1) Your iPod, iTunes, or QuickTime software is not up to date. Use Software Update to make sure you have the newest versions, and then open iTunes with your iPod plugged in. If there's a need to update, it should let you know. If your software isn't up to date, some songs (purchased from the iTunes Store) won't play.

2) Make sure that your computer is authorized with your iTunes Store account. Sometimes you can update things and the reauthorization doesn't happen properly. If your computer isn't authorized, your purchased music will appear, but not play, on your iPod.

If neither of these helps, you should post back with specific information about your computer, the versions of the OS and other software you are using, and the orginal source of the music that isn't playing (purchased from iTunes, ripped from CD, etc.).

Apr 2, 2007 10:23 PM in response to Larry Bryan

The songs won't play - BUT they do not have the exclaimation mark by them when clicked - ie they do not seem to be missing. It is very frustrating!! My libarary is vanishing. The files are still there. This problem is recently appeared, but now spreading fast. It is NOT a virus - checked. The files seel okay - checked by utility programs. Plug-in or setting is the cause?? I have spent dozens of hours babying my musical garden and it is dying... 10.4.8 and latest itunes.

Apr 2, 2007 11:16 PM in response to Larry Bryan

Could it be my Ipod, which is a little flaky at t imes, corrupting the data? When i open the song files with Peak, it shows the volume at -50 Db or something like that. Some of these songs have been ripped from my own CD's and played MANY times, now the volume is haywire. Use iVolume. In many cases the iVolume was used over a year ago, so it is not a recent ivolume adjustment.

iTunes Won't Play More and More Songs!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.