Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video transition is making second clip "hiccup"

I have two clips that I need to tie together. One is straight HD footage with no effects. The other is a still image that has the ripple effect applied and faded out. They both function perfectly until I try to link them with a video effect (any effect, but in this case I want to use the band slide). Once the effect is applied, the still image with the effect does this wierd "hiccup" in the first few frames. I have gone into the motion and filters tab and cannot find the culprit. Why does it only happen with the effect? Can anyone please help?

powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), FCE 3.5.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2007 7:41 PM

8 replies

Apr 1, 2007 8:34 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes, I am looking at the rendered output. I watched it with the canvas at 100%, same thing. Is there anything I can do if it's an interlacing shift issue? Do I have to abandon the transition?

The still image is a jpeg (792.2k). I have applied the ripple filter that I am phasing out as it progresses (so the ripples distort initially and then fade to nothing). Any help you can provide would be so appreciated. Thanks.

Video transition is making second clip "hiccup"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.