Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X1900 XT Include VIVO Support?

I have a two part question. I understand that the X1900 XT card from Apple is not exactly the same card they have on the PC, but as far as I can tell they merely changed the connector on the back and slightly underclocked it.

Does the Mac version of the card support VIVO? I understand it has video out via s-video, but does it also do video in? The PC versions of the card do support VIVO, so it stands to reason that the Mac version should also have that support in the card at least, even if it does not have the appropriate connectors or software functionality to enable it.

If the Mac version does not support it, but the card has the capability, does it appear that when the ATI drivers get fully ported over to Intel Macs that this capability will be unlocked?

I have already bought this Mac (although I have not yet received it) with the X1900 XT card and became curious when I saw that the Mac version did not support the same capabilities as the PC version. I understand removing the S-Video connector and requiring the adapter, it makes the card look sharper and underlines that you can either use the S-Video out or the DVI out, not both at the same time. I understand the underclocking, for heat reason. But I don't understand actually removing capabilities that were once there, unless it is merely a driver thing in which case it can be remedied later.

G4 (Sawtooth) 1.2 Upg, MP 2.66 X1900XT 2G (pending), Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 2, 2007 11:10 AM

1 reply

X1900 XT Include VIVO Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.