Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't import photos from finepix A345 to iPhoto or Finepix viewer mac ibook

I had previously imported photos from my fuji finepix A345 camera to iPhoto on my macBookPro 10.4.9. Now I am trying to import new images from the same camera and iPhoto displays a message "no photos to import". I have installed Finepix viewer but it also shows no images to import. I have tried creating a new library on a second non admin account and still iPhoto says "no images to import". I was able to successfully import the same images to my thinkpad T41.

Please help me find a way to import photos from finpix A345 to my mac ibook pro. Note there are no movies in the photos I am trying to import. Thanks.

macBookPro1,1, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 5, 2007 9:59 PM

5 replies

Apr 5, 2007 10:05 PM in response to john33

Are you sure there are images on the card you're importing from? (asking that just in case you chose to 'delete after download' with another computer).

Also, have you perhaps formatted the camera drive/card via another computer instead of from the camera itself?

If your MBP can read the card so can your Macbook. You might want to open 'Image Capture', then go to Preferences and make sure you have an application selected to 'launch' when a camera is connected.

Apr 5, 2007 10:20 PM in response to troy enn

Thanks for your response. No I have not deleted the images from the camera yet. I have not formatted the camera drive/card via another computer instead of from the camera itself. I just now opened image capture and changed my preference to launch iPhoto instead of FPVBridge (for finepix viewer) and tried to import again but I get the same results (no photos to import). Any other suggestions? Thanks!!!

Apr 5, 2007 10:27 PM in response to john33

I'd try taking some new photos. Save the ones you have through whatever computer you want (cept' the Macbook obviously), then reformat/reinitialize the camera drive (via the camera), load it up with some testers ...then see if these are recognized.

Very strange though. I've got two Fujis (A500 and S602Z) that have been great from the day I got them.

Apr 5, 2007 10:32 PM in response to troy enn

Thanks Troy. The only different thing I can think of is that these pics were all taken on a new memory card, a fujifilm xD-Picture Card M1gb. I think the old card was the same kind just smaller size. I will load the old one back in, take some pics and try to import again. If that is the cause, then I would wonder why the new card doesn't work. Any thoughts on that?

Apr 6, 2007 4:52 PM in response to john33

Ok, I put the old smaller card in the camera, took some pictures and tried to import to iPhoto, still says no photos. BTW, when importing to finepix viewer on the macbookpro, it says images found but when clicking ok, nothing happens, no images are imported. So, still not able to import images to the macbookpro. No problem importing them to IBM thinkpad. Please help!!!

can't import photos from finepix A345 to iPhoto or Finepix viewer mac ibook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.