Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme - no connection to the internet

My problem is several-fold, but maybe can be solved with one solution. I don't know.

I just bought an AEBS and tried setting it up to use with my desktop G4 and my roommates Dell laptop. I seemed to set my mac up with no problem, but my roommate's Dell can't access the internet, yet it can 'see' and connect to the AEBS.

But here's the kicker. The AEBS is blinking amber, which would tell me that I shouldn't be able to access the internet with my mac. I checked and, yes, I'm definitely connected to my AEBS and not to some nearby wireless router.

What the heck is going on?

Posted on Apr 7, 2007 10:26 AM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2007 11:55 AM in response to Andrew Alonso

It is likely that the AEBS(n) is blinking Amber because you have NOT implemented any form of Wireless Security and the AEBS(n) is annoyed at your laissez-faire security policy.

You really should implement either WEP (TSN) or WPA/WPA2. Use WPA/WPA2 unless the least robust security method available to you is WEP on your roommate's Dell laptop. If WEP, use WEP (TSN) and specify a 13 ASCII character (exactly 13) password.

Airport Extreme - no connection to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.