Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Video Notes - Tab Character not interpreted

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty with the formatting of text displayed on the iPod Video.

For some reason, my iPod refuses to interpret the TAB character. It simply omits it, concatenating the adjacent text into one long string. I created text files in nano, saving them in both the default and "mac" modes, as well as in the MAC application "textedit" and neither worked.

An obvious solution would be to use spaces to replace the tabs, however for some reason the iPod appears to use a proportional font, which screws up the alignment.

Can anyone tell me how to get the iPod to see the TABs or to change to a non-propotional font?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 7, 2007 10:47 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2007 4:13 PM in response to pbarber

Me again,

James Lee, at Tropical Software was kind enough to respond to an e-mail and explain that this is an inherent flaw in the ipod's ability to render text.

I'm really stunned that the iPod notes function can't display a tab character. That's just silly. The TAB has been a part of ascii since before FM radio was cool.

C'mon Apple - fix this one!

And let me plug Tropical Software. Anyone with customer service like they have, deserves it! Check out their Tropical Notes for iPod at www.tropic4.com

I figured I'd answer my own question in case someone else googles for this...

cheers

iMac Mac OS X (10.4)

iMac Mac OS X (10.4)

iPod Video Notes - Tab Character not interpreted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.