Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I put only the display to sleep manually?

Hi,

Yeah, I have my iMac set to never go to sleep so as not to interrupt downloads, and I also have the display set to go to sleep in 25 mins..

I know how to put the whole machine to sleep manually (using the "apple" menu), but I can't find any menu item about putting only the display to sleep and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it---if possible.

It would be nice because I have my computer on a table next to my chair and the display can be annoying while watching my TV...and I don't like waiting 25 mins. for the display to go off---yet I don't want the display set to sleep in less time than that as it would be inconvenient.

Thanx very much! 🙂

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), It's much too nice!

Posted on Apr 7, 2007 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2007 11:36 PM

I have my iMac set to never go to sleep so as not to interrupt downloads
It won't go to sleep if it's downloading.

Check this out -> Widget & Application to immediately sleep display
Works fine.
6 replies

Can I put only the display to sleep manually?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.