Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote on Apple TV

Does anyone know how to transfer Keynote Presentations to Apple TV?

MBP 15 1.83 Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 8, 2007 8:37 AM

15 replies

Apr 8, 2007 10:15 AM in response to Ralph Becker

You can't technically have Keynotes synced to the Apple TV.

But...

You can take snapshots of the slides and then create an album in iPhoto and then have that album sync to the Apple TV.

So it would be the same thing with the effects and all but they would just be pictures instead of actual Keynote slides.

Just a suggestion if you really need Keynote presentations on the Apple TV

Sam

Apr 8, 2007 1:55 PM in response to Ralph Becker

Thank you for your comment, but I wanted to know how to transfer own presentations created with Keynote.
Sorry. Had assumed you were referring to "Keynote Addresses" which, since they are streamed, normally have to be "screen captured" and are, therefore, not easily converted by QT Pro to iPod/TV compatible formats.

Does someone know how to manage this?
Not a "Keynote" user, so it took me a few hours to run some tests and finally create a working iPod/TV compatible file using the "iWork Tour" Keynote file. Sorry about the delay. If you have QT Pro, you can open the following URL using the "Open URL..." File menu command and test it on your TV:

http://homepage.mac.com/jrwalker4/.Public/iWorkTourAudio.mp4

Assumed you just wanted a "Self-Playing Movie" for TV use. Main problem seems to have been the lack of an audio track. Made about a half dozen tests using all three workflows in direct and indirect conversions. In the end, I simply added an MP3 audio track to a previous test file and ran it through the the "Movie to MPEG-4" export with video set for "pass through" so I could get an AAC audio track. Now have both files loaded to iTunes but only the "audio" file version will stream to my TV. Very strange. Will have to run additional tests when I have additional free time as these tests and upload have likely added an hour or two my own conversions already in progress since about 10 AM this morning. May be quicker for you to run some parallel tests and report your findings back here. Did not try to optimize my run -- just get it to play through TV -- since you did not post any specifications for your Keynote project.

User uploaded file

Apr 8, 2007 10:15 PM in response to Ralph Becker

Does anyone know how to transfer Keynote
Presentations to Apple TV?

MBP 15 1.83
Mac OS X (10.4.9)

MacWorld online covered this with a special article, entitled "Displaying presentations via Apple TV". Here is the link to it:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2007/03/atv_presentations/index.php

Enjoy.

PowerBook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.9) + Apple Extreme + Apple TV

Apr 9, 2007 1:48 AM in response to Jon Walker

Thank you Jon for your detailled answer. I need Keynote presentations on my Apple TV in order to train presentations I have to do later before audience. It simulates reality better with the big screen. These presentations are about scientific data. So audio is not the point. It just have to see the presentation on my TV. This works now. Problem still remains with the control of animation effects within the Keynote presentation. Does anyone know how to manage this?

May 2, 2007 1:32 PM in response to Ralph Becker

I was interested in this also. With some success! So using the information from MacWorld I made a Keynote presentation exported it into Quicktime then put it into movies in iTunes. All works very well except I exported it with a loop so that it would play continuously in the entryway of the library with upcoming events. The quicktime movie did loop but when synced to Apple TV it does not loop to play continuously. This would mean that we have to restart it every ten minutes or so. Not a good thing. Anyone have a good solution.

Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Keynote on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.