Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme base station reboots by itself regularly

Set it up yesterday. Connected to the base station: a MacBook Pro, a PowerBook G4, a Sony Vaio (XP), another laptop (XP), a Cube, and my Nokia E70 phone.

Reliability is low. The base station simply reboots itself constantly.

The Cube does not log in to the base station automatically on startup.

I'm asking this question here... but I'm busy and I'm about ten minutes away from returning it and using the old Airport base station.

PowerBook G4 12", Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Apr 11, 2007 8:42 AM

6 replies

May 15, 2007 2:14 AM in response to neptune2000

Hi there,

I called tech support and they want me to pay 50€. I've passed the first 90 says of 5 days... I bought so much stuff from Apple and that's all they can do for me? One MacBook, one MacBook Pro, two AE, one 30', one 23', one iPod Hifi, several iPods, all this on the screen of the agent at the end of the line and that's all they can say to me?

Here's what I'll add: I've seen several posts of AES constantly rebooting, I don't think it's a HD problem, I think it's buggy. More than 50% of my HW has gone back to Apple for repair. I love Apple stuff, but I've got a growing bitterness in my mouth, an after taste that leaves me dubious on the quality of the software and hardware.

I'll make sure I don't push anyone to buy Apple, and trust me, it's going to cost them a lot more than 50€.

Cheers,

Micha

May 27, 2007 3:11 AM in response to Michael Fuhrmann

Ok,

I've reverted to firmware 7.0 and the BS is fine, been a week now, so pretty confident it was the firmware.

The device that was causing the reboot was my Nokia E65 phone. So if you have any of these issues revert to 7.0. More info on how to revert on that thread:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4569829#4569829

Micha

Airport Extreme base station reboots by itself regularly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.