Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod could not restore error 1429

Help! riding home on the train i was listening to an NPR podcast when all of a sudden the ipod froze up. It wouldn't reset but then finally it did, it showed an apple and then a folder with question mark and the apple support website.

Back home I tried to hook it up to itunes, which saw it enough to try to restore it but then I got the error message: ipod could not restore, error 1429."

what happened? and can it be fixed? I had applecare but i can't remember how long that lasts on ipods...

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9), ipod 4 generation

Posted on Apr 12, 2007 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2007 4:44 PM

I am totally cracking up because after having run Disk Utility and repairing the error on my iPod, and then trying to restore my iPod via iTunes only to get the 1429 error again, I ejected the iPod, gave it a few good smacks in the upper right hand corner, and voila, the iPod is syncing up properly and not freezing like it was before.

Go figure....I hope that this doesn't lead to anything further, but for the meantime, I am happy.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2007 4:44 PM in response to Gwendolyn Orel

I am totally cracking up because after having run Disk Utility and repairing the error on my iPod, and then trying to restore my iPod via iTunes only to get the 1429 error again, I ejected the iPod, gave it a few good smacks in the upper right hand corner, and voila, the iPod is syncing up properly and not freezing like it was before.

Go figure....I hope that this doesn't lead to anything further, but for the meantime, I am happy.

Apr 12, 2007 11:56 PM in response to Gwendolyn Orel

by Wazman21 in a similar post. I did the diagnostics etc. etc. but you know what worked? banging the upper right hand corner against the desk 3 times! suddenly disk utility could see it and itunes could restore it and it's happily synching up as I type! yahoo!

I have a powerbook g4 without usb 2.0 so it wouldn't have been so simple as getting another ipod-- have a few months more on the warranty (apple care) for this one but i'm delighted I'll have it for my commute tomorrow! yay!

ipod could not restore error 1429

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.