Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't insert transition

Hi,

I have just imported a jpeg file with a kaleidescope transition from Motion 2 into FCE. I want to fade out the image with the effect to the flat jpeg image. I have the 2 clips next to each other, but cannot center the transiiton on both clips. I will not go onto the jpeg - on;ly onto the image with the effect. Never had this happen, can anyone help? Thanks.

powermac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), FCE 3.5.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2007 6:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2007 6:38 PM in response to Julie Cannon

It may be that you don't have the necessary 'handles' in the jpeg clip to insert the transition. Usually this happens when your In Point is set at the very beginning of the incoming clip (in your case your jpeg-only clip).

When you insert a transtion between two clips, the end of the outgoing clip and the beginning of the incoming clip each have to have enough unused frames (handles) to allow the transition to be inserted.

So, for example, if your transition is 1 second long (29.97 frames) the Out Point of your outgoing clip needs to be at least 15 frames before the actual end of the clip. And the In Point of the incoming clip needs to be at least 15 frames after the actual beginning of that clip. Those frames are called the handles. If you don't have them, you won't be able to insert the transition.

If you have your In Point set at the beginning of the incoming clip, there are no unused frames (handles). You will have to reopen the jpeg clip in the Viewer and reset the In Point at least 15 frames (1/2 sec) from the beginning of the clip.

Can't insert transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.