Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stanford iTunes U

I was recently shocked when i visited Stanford University's iTunes U site and noticed a different appearence. They have columns that look a lot more professional. Does anybody know if thats going to be changed for all iTunes U sites? and if so can we customize the content in the boxes? or is it going to be the "top downloads" and things like that.

Powerbook 12", Mac OS X (10.4.9), 1.25 Gig, 100 GB, 1.33 GHz, 20" Cinema Display

Posted on Apr 18, 2007 6:21 PM

11 replies

Sep 3, 2018 1:09 AM in response to Ian Aberle

Yeah, I suppose I am just a bit impatient.

A lot of the development I am doing is on hold until I can get a showTree from the new template.

Duke also has the ability to go more than 3 levels deep.

So, not being able to do these things (either from unpublished APIs or lesser site credentials) makes me feel a bit grumpy.

I will get over it. [add swear word here]

Apr 19, 2007 5:37 PM in response to Jacob Hackamack1

Stanford's new page is a template that is under development. It has not been decided when and how this template will become available. We have been working with a few schools, Stanford being one of them, to pilot projects within iTunes U and this is one of those efforts. I think it looks great and I know Stanford put a lot of work into the overall organization and design to really take it to the next level.

May 9, 2007 8:17 AM in response to Jacob Hackamack1

Very impressive. Looking forward to the possiblity of using some of these features in a potential forthcoming template update.

In particular, I like the 'What's New' and 'Most Popular' sections. I'm assuming those are dynamically updated based on site statistics. I'm been toying with the idea of developing something like that in-house (that would appear on our launch web-page, not in iTunesU itself). Be nice if new templates would save me the trouble 🙂

Dual 2GHz G5 Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Stanford iTunes U

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.